Thursday, January 15, 2009

Geeze, has it really been a year since I updated this? I got distracted, with well, bike riding, among other things.

A lot has changed. I no longer work at a bike shop. As much as I loved it, pulling 20 to 25 hours a week at nine bucks an hour was not cutting the rent, much less giving me the opportunity to do other things I enjoy, like eat, and uh, drink alcohol.

However, with that being said, and with the simple fact remaining that I'm probably the only human who reads this, I'm going to give this whole thing another shot. At the moment though, I am bmx-less after a little frame cracking incident last month (do not try to do any sort of wall ride at nine thirty in the morning while running on gas station coffee and THC, it doesn't work). In all honesty I'm taking a little break from riding due to other commitments. Yes I'm in a band, yes I have a job, and I've been uh, playing a lot of soccer. Err...

Be that as it may, it does not mean that I do spend a fair bit of time still pondering the ever glorious world of bmx in all of its sublime and enlightening manifestations. A new park finally opened up in town, although the bike nights are the same nights as soccer practice, so I've only been able to ride it once. The scene in this city is pretty small anyway, but hopefully this will attract a foreigner or two to our little hole in the ground.

Anyway, here's hoping I don't forget about this for another year. Maybe I should just drink more coffee, that usually gets the old wheels turning...

No comments: